Hiring, Transferring, and Separating Personnel Actions

The Resources For Hiring Departments page contains information pertaining to:

  • Checklists for Hiring, Search Waiver Process, and Step-by-Step New Faculty Hiring Process
  • Position Vacancies and the Search Committee Process - Including required Search Committee Training
  • Advertising Open Positions
  • Hiring Tools for Screening, Selection, and Evaluation
  • Offer Letters and Regret Letters
  • Valid Reasons to Waive a Search

The Part-time Faculty Hiring page contains information pertaining to:

  • Dates and Deadlines
  • Part-Time Faculty Hiring Process
  • Part-Time Faculty Reappointment Process
  • Resources and Samples for the Part-Time Teaching/Summer Sessions Personnel Action Form (PAF)
  • Hiring Forms
  • Notification of Other University Assignments
  • Reasonable Assurance Process

Personnel Employment Changes

Personnel Action Form (PAF) Resources and Samples for Contract Professionals, Full-Time Faculty, Part-Time Faculty, and Staff.

Blank PAFs can be found in the Forms Directory under the Hiring Process Managers drop-down menu.

For detailed information on processing changes for part-time faculty, please visit the part-time faculty hiring webpage.

Transition After Retirement Program (TARP) - designed to allow full-time faculty to transition from active employment into retirement with limited duties, by maintaining a presence on campus through a variety of means. 

Reemployment After Retirement Under Rule 3359-11-15 (REM) - designed for full-time University of Akron employees who are eligible to retire from an Ohio pension system. This rule applies to all employees other than members of a bargaining unit in which an agreement governs the reemployment of retirees.

Phased Retirement Program (PRP) designed to allow eligible contract professional and staff employees to retire from their regular full-time positions and continue to contribute to the success of the University and its students on a part-time basis. 

For student employees, please refer to Office of Student Employment

For graduate assistants, please refer to Graduate School

Looking for Term Academic Activity Report (TAAR) Requirements?

They have moved to our HPM Resources page.