Masticating Juicer for Juicing Wheatgrass
If you'd like to make your own fresh wheatgrass juice then you need to get your hands on a masticating juicer.
Best Wheatgrass Juicer
Masticating juicers are the best wheatgrass juicer. They turn an auger within a drum to crush the juice out of fruit, vegetables, and wheatgrass. This crushing action is quite different from the tearing and shredding action of centrifugal juicers.
There are two main types of wheatgrass juicers:
If you want to get a wheatgrass juicer then you need to decide if you'd like to treat yourself to an electric wheatgrass juicer, or if a manual wheatgrass juicer will do the trick.
Electric Wheatgrass Juicers
Electric wheatgrass juicers use a slow motor to turn the auger inside the drum. They are fairly pricey, but are built to last.
They are easier to use than the manual juicers, but tend to be larger and heavier. You need to have the space to give them pride of place on your kitchen counter. This will hopefully mean that you use them more often! I use my Samson Juicer almost every day, but not always for juicing wheat grass.
If you'd like to get your hands on a Samson Juicer visit here for free shipping in the States.In the U.K. it's sold under the name Matstone Juicer, and I bought mine online here at Natural Way Health.
Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
Manual wheatgrass juicers are much less expensive and far lighter. If you already own a centrifugal juicer, or just want to juice wheatgrass then they can be an excellent choice.
You do need to have reasonably strong arms to turn the handle - your arms are the motor! They can be stored in a cupboard or draw when not in use.
My first wheatgrass juicer was an inexpensive manual juicer. It worked well, but you do need to have strong arms! My current wheatgrass juicer is an electric one - The Samson Juicer is great at juicing wheatgrass, and makes delectable fruit and vegetables juices too!
Advantages of Wheatgrass Juicers
- Beautiful and quiet. My Samson Juicer is a beautiful machine that purrs like a cat - resulting in one very happy husband! He really hated the noise of my budget centrifugal juicer first thing in the morning.
- Makes super healthy juice, as the slow turning motor (Or your arm!) crushes the juice gently out of the fruit and vegetables at a low temperature and without adding lots of oxygen.
- Easy to clean. There is still a small mesh filter to clean, but with no sharp parts it's much easier to clean than the large mesh screens on centrifugal models.
- Juice wheatgrass and leafy greens beautifully.
- While juices are best drunk fresh, the gentle crushing action of masticating juicers minimizes oxidation and enables juice to be kept for up to 48 hours with minimal loss of nutrition.
- Electric models can often be used to make sorbets, banana ice-cream, and to grind seeds.
- Electric models come with long guarantees on motors. For example: The Samson or Matstone Juicer comes with a 5 years guarantee on all parts and labor, and a 10 years guarantee on the motor.
- Manual wheatgrass juicers require no electricity! They just need somewhere that they can clamp to - and a strong arm;-).
Disadvantages of Wheatgrass Juicers
- They make juice slower.
- Fruit and vegetables need to be chopped up.
- Electric models are large and heavy, so you need to have the space to give them pride of place on your kitchen counter.
- Electric models cost more initially - but last longer than centrifugal juicers.
What is the Best Juicer for Wheatgrass?
The Samson or Matstone Juicer is my current favorite all time juicer, and was voted best masticating juicer by "Which Magazine" in 2008. If you want to be able to juice leafy greens and wheatgrass easily without spending too much money then this juicer is an excellent choice. I've got the model GB9001.
Other reputable brands of wheatgrass juicer include Lequip, Omega, Oscar, Green power, Green Star, and SoloStar.
How much does the Samson Juicer Cost?
I bought my Samson for £159.99 and it came with a free juicing recipe book:), while in the States they retail at around $240.
Where can I buy a Samson Juicer
Samson juicers don't tend to sold in the high street - I bought mine online.
If your in the States you can visit here to get the Samson Juicer with free shipping.
And if your in the U.K. I bought my lovely juicer from Natural Way Health where it's sold under the name Matstone Juicer.
Return from Wheatgrass Juicers to Best Juicer
Go to Home Page